Flood Insurance Facts
Did You Know homeowners insurance does not cover flood damage?
Here are a few more flood insurance facts that might surprise you.
- Flood Insurance policies are federally backed by the NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) and available for homeowners, renters, and businesses.
- More than 50% of properties in high risk flood zones are unprotected.
- FEMA designates your risk for flooding.
- If you’re in a “low risk” zone, flood insurance is relatively inexpensive.
- Where ever it rains or snows it can flood.
- Just an inch of water can cause costly damage to your property.
- It takes 30 days after the purchase of a flood policy for coverage to take effect (unless the policy is being purchased for a closing.)
With today’s extreme weather events, flooding is no longer a question of “if” but “when.” Are you prepared?
It doesn’t matter how deep the water is, you could still be “in over your head.”
Contact the North Haven Insurance Group to make sure you’re covered with flood insurance.