Flood Insurance Facts
Did You Know homeowners insurance does not cover flood damage?
Here are a few more flood insurance facts that might surprise you.
- Flood Insurance policies are federally backed by the NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) and available for homeowners, renters, and businesses.
- More than 50% of properties in high risk flood zones are unprotected.
- FEMA designates your risk for flooding.
- If you’re in a “low risk” zone, flood insurance is relatively inexpensive.
- Where ever it rains or snows it can flood.
- Just an inch of water can cause costly damage to your property.
- It takes 30 days after the purchase of a flood policy for coverage to take effect (unless the policy is being purchased for a closing.)
With today’s extreme weather events, flooding is no longer a question of “if” but “when.” Are you prepared?
It doesn’t matter how deep the water is, you could still be “in over your head.”